Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 176

Hi, it's Joanna from Sitting on Pens here.   Greetings from colorful Colorado, USA!  Here in the West, our color comes mostly from Aspens.  We get amazing yellows but very little red and orange.





We seem to get short bursts of color, rather than the lengthy season like the rest of the country.  Our "Fall" lasts sometimes only three weeks and then ... snow.  I took these pictures on Thursday and by Friday, they were off the trees thanks to a rain/hailstorm. 


I also wanted to include a picture of my hiking companion.  This is Holli (short for Holiday) and she's pausing here in the shade, to say, "what the heck Mom, I thought we were hiking here!"

 Here are the winners from last week's challenge ...




The Grand Prize Winner of Sketch #175 is:

 

Lisa, please email Tammy at:
Subject: ADFD October Winner at SSW
 
Our Top Three are:
1.  WEDGIE #7
2.  SHARON R #22
3.  CAT SPICER #11
 
 Winners:  Remember to grab your winner's badge on our sidebar!
 
 
And now... on to this week's Sketch Challenge...

I am super excited to say that this week our Sponsor is Sally-Ann Hancock from DigiStamp Boutique.

As Sally-Ann says, "My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life too - often the inspiration for my designs. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy creating them."
 
This week's winner will receive 6 free Digis from Sally's shop!  Yay!

Here is Arlana's amazing sketch for this week here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday -



Still need some inspiration?  Here's what our awesome Design Team came up with:
 


Linda - The Stamper's Touch

 


Jeannie - Dragonfly Journeys


 Kathie - Kathie'z Kardz


We hope these samples inspire you to create and join in our challenge this week.  Here are the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge rules for playing along:

1. Create a card using the sketch of the week. You do not need to use a DigiStamp Boutique image to enter but if you have any, we'd love to see what you can do with them. 
2. If you are posting to an online gallery, please use Sweet Sketch Wednesday #176 as your label or tag. 
3. Add the sketch of the week to your blog and include a link back to Sweet Sketch Wednesday. 
4. Post your card on your blog along with the link to SSW. 
5. Sign in to Inlinkz and add a direct link back to your card on your site. 
6. Be sure to leave a comment here on this site and please remember that this is one of the rules to be considered for the Grand Prize.

We can't wait to see what you create this week!
Note: The challenge closes on Tuesday evening, 7:00 pm MST


Photobucket

29 comments:

  1. Hi everyone, congratulations to our winner and our top 3 cards there were' so many amazing cards this week which was lovely to see. The design teams cards look wonderful and thanks due to having a great sketch to work with Arlana. Thanks Sally-Ann for being our sponsor as you know we all love working with you images and we really appreciate your generous sponsorship. Thanks Joanna for a great posting and it's lovely to see your photo's from your part of the world. Take care everyone have a great week,happy crafting and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's creations.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to our winners and top 3 cards.
    Great post Joanna...what a little cutie your hiking partner is.
    Thank you Sally Ann for being our sponsor and off to take a closer look at everyones cards.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to our wonderful winners this week. I got up late this morning and will be by later this evening to comment. Thanks Sally Ann. We really appreciate your continued support. And, thanks Joanna for the great job on the post this week. Love your pics.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Lisa and my fellow top 3's Sharon and Wedgie. Such an honor to be chosen from all the amazing creations. Another great sketch this week with FABULOUS inspiration from the DT team. I hope to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Wednesday Crafters!! Great post Joanna - I love to see the pics from near and far!! The Aspen are beautiful!! Congrats to the Winners - looking forward to seeing this week's creations!!
    Blessings to you all - Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Holli is a gorgeous looking friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thank you ladies for picking me as one of your top three...that really means a lot to me! Congratulations to everyone else too! Can't wait to get started on this week's sketch! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos Joanna....and I adore the DT creations too...I just featured Sharon's on DSB Facebook to promote the challenge...Sally-Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing DT cards this week! Love those DSB images! Thanks so much Sally Ann for your wonderful support to SSW! Joanna, loved seeing your part of the world and I learned something more about photosynthesis! Didn't realize that you mostly get yellows. Must have something to do with the quick arrival of winter. Holli looks like a great walking companion! Thanks for sharing! Congrats to our winners this week! Your cards were awesome!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the winners! Wonderful cards from the DT with this great sketch. Great fall pictures and Holiday is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful DT cards ladies! I love the sketch and did my best at following it for my card entry. Your fall trees are gorgeous Joanna and Holli is just the cutest!
    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to the winners this week. Always so many fun cards. Johanna thanks for doing the post this week. Such a pretty whit dog!!! Sally I cant ever thank you enough for your continued support. You always have such cute digis. Fabulous cards Design team. Have a sweet week everyone!!! HUGS Arlana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just completed my first SSW for a while, posted it on my new blog :)feel free to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for another great sketch! Love the CAS lines of this one. Beautiful DT cards as well. And Joanna, Holli is the cutest little pup, such a sweet little face!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the great sketch. Love the photo of your sweet poochie! Happy hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome post joanna ~ love your photos...and what a beautiful dog!
    another great sketch this week...with great inspiration...thanks ladies! glad i got to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post and that little dogs looks so cute! Congrats to the winners! What a great sketch! I loved working it up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great sketch, so glad I got a chance to play along again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for a great sketch, and a special thanks to the DT members = great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this sketch because he is easy. Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just love the versatility of this week's inspirations! Great work, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great sketch- enjoyed this one alot. Love your DT cards. Always like Digistamp Boutique images. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh I won, how fab thank you! I'm not sure who I need to contact though - could you let me know please? Sorry if I've just missed an obvious link somewhere! Hugs, Lisa x

    PS. Fab sketch and DT cards, I'll hopefully be back tomorrow with a card :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I have included the info in the post above. Thanks for letting us know that we forgot to include it. Please let Arlana know when you receive your gift certificate. Email Arlana at:
      sweetberrydesigns@hotmail.com
      Congrats to you!
      Hugs, Judi

      Delete
    2. Thank you Judi, I'll send an email this evening. I've just linked up my card for this week too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

      Delete
  24. another gorgeous sketch and fantastic DT work
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh no! I'm having real difficulties linking up my card this week! Its here - http://wedgieswonderfulworld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/hello-thereim-back-for-seconds.html

    I can't make the "next step" button work and I can't use the "trouble linking up" option either!! Can anyone help please??

    Wedgie xxx

    PS - your cards are all so gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wedgie - I had trouble too but just clicked on the labels bit and then the comments hid and I was able to click on the trouble linking up button. Had the same problem last time and figured it out then. Hope that helps!
    Thank you for a great sketch again this week. Love the yellows on the trees and cute little Holli.

    ReplyDelete